\ muddled thoughts!!!!: HALF LIFE!!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

HALF LIFE!!!

a story of true love....sad but yet moving and inspiring....so for those who don't know what true love means, you better read this!!!

i saw him writing a poem and so i asked, "what you thinking?"

he answered sadly, "you..."

the wind blew softly, its breeze touching my skin solemnly. "the sun is about to set. i can feel its fading warmth." with these words i felt his embrace giving me enough reason to stay with him, to fight for him. "it's been five years Earl."

five glorious years, Liz. five wonderful years with you," he said. tears came to him, i felt it flowing on my shoulders.

"don't cry, Earl, nothing will tear us apart. i won't allow it. believe me, fate indeed made us together." he held me stronger. "remember mom and dad? they told me you were not worthy for me, that you'll just break my heart...but you proved them wrong. you made them realize that you are the perfect one for their daughter...their dying daughter."

Earl suddenly locked his body to mine, he held me tighter, as if i were about to fall apart. "i love you, Liz. i won't survive without you. i can't!" he uttered. "please Liza, please stay with me...stay with me...stay with me." his words lingered in my failing senses.

i know it's about time but please God, give me more time to stay with Earl. just this night...just this night...but He didn't hear my plea. pain started to feed my weak heart. everything went black.

am i in heaven Lord? where are the angels? why can't i see one why is it too bright in here? where am i? questions started to come out of me as i asked, crying. why did you allow me to die? what will happen to Earl? to my family? why God? why? don't you understand? i can't die! Earl can't live without me! don't be selfish! please! i beg you! send me back! send me back!!! i sobbed thinking my tears will tears will speak for me.

"my child..." a voice so loud yet not deafening roared in the lighted place. "why are you so hopeless? can't you see? you're with me now. i will take you to my paradise."

"but God," i pleaded. "i can't. Earl, i love him so much. he means everything to me. i don't want to leave him."

"very well, my child," the voice replied. "for i am an understanding God. i'll let you go back in his arms but not in flesh...in spirit. for 5 days you shall be air...this is all i can do for you..."

it was so bright, so blinding. then suddenly, i was in the hospital, in the hallway. i kept running, not knowing which way to go then i saw my father rushing to the elevator. i followed him. i've never seen father so pained; i always regarded him as the strongest man in the world, that nothing can tear him apart for our family draws strength from him. now, i see nothing but a broken man. the elevator stopped. he walked slowly, i walked with him until we reached room 314.

father didn't knock; he held the knob tightly, wishing it wasn't the right room. i could hear mon crying hard. i guess this is it...i said to myself sadly. fathere opened the door and mom rushed to him crying and they held each other tight. in the middle of the room i saw the bed with dextrose, an oxygen tank, and a monitor. is this my life line? if only i can manipulate it. it's going up and down but it's so slow and so frail. then lying on the bed was my body.

i was bombarded with tubes, plasters and an oxygen mask in my face like the ones with tubes , plasters and an oxygen mask in my face like the ones i saw in movies. "hey you!" i blurted out, as i touched the unconscious mass. "why don't you wake up, huh?!" but my hand just passed right through it, and my body was still unresponsive.

the doctor came. "please doctor," i could hear my mon pleading. "do everuthing you can. she's our only daughter."

"yes ma'am, we will," the doctor assured her.

"doc," my father called, "we are capable financially, do whatever it takes to revive Liza."

as i looked at myself lying lifelessly in bed... i remembered the reason why i came back... Earl. where is Earl? why is he not here? what happened to him? fear ran in my veins. i searched every room in the hospital -- but there was no sign of him. though this spirit couldn't feel human limitations, i felt tires... emotionally. desperate, i went back to my room and listened to my parents' talk expecting they might know where he was. but nothing, not even a single mention of his name. maybe they still felt bitter about him.

days passed. my third day on earth. still, my body showed no sign of recovery and was still supported mechanically. Earl was nowhere to be found. maybe God forgot to tell me that i couldn't go out -- i tried to leave the hospital but when i opened the exit door, i found myself back in my room again.

i waited the whole day. i waited the whole night. has Earl abandoned me? i kept asking myslf. n, he won't, he loves me...

fourth day. days seemed so meaningless to me, without seeing the one i love. God, take me back.

resting beside my mother, i overheard father being called by my doctor. "doctor, how is my daughter?" my father asked.

"she's still in coma and her vital signs show no progress," replied the doctor. "mr. de guzman, i believe we should take the risk. that heart will do her no good, it's deteriorating, making her chances blur... i suggest she undergo a heart transplant."

"but doctor, what are the chances of..."

"50/50 sir," the doctor said. "her unconsciousness until now makes it difficult to tell but we will try our best. please come with me so we'll have the papers ready."

i went back to my room, devastated. i saw mom talking to me. she was holding my hand, weeping. "Liz, your father and i love you so much. please don't leave us, you can do it, fight for us. fight for us, Liz! please..."

i hugged mom. this was the first time she talked to me this way, she was always into business and had never talked to me seriously till now. God, i know you are seeing this. please, let me hold mom, even for the last time... without waiting for His approval, i went back to my body. it was difficult to breathe, it was so heavy inside. sacrificing the energy i acquired artificially, i squeezed mom's hand, tightly, lovingly. mom, i'm listening, take good care of dad, i love you both... mom was crying hard, so was my spirit within.

fifth day. i had a seizure after. at 4:00 pm, my body would be operated on. i was starting to doubt Earl. mom and dad were talking in my room. "he was so kind, i didn't think he could do it for Liza." maybe they're talking about my heart donor, who ever he is. i don't care, i'll leave soon, and they can't prevent it.

11:00 am, i went outside and walked steps away from my room. i was reminiscing my days on earth in flesh and in spirit. i was thinking if those days i was alive were fruitful. was i happy during my stay on earth? have i done something worthwhile?

suddenly, i saw my doctor and all those medical personnel rushing a guy in the operating room. they were all splattered with blood. curious, i followed them. it was... it was him!

i shouted frantically. what happened? i shool the doctor, anyone, pleading for an answer but my hands just passed right through them. my God, what happened to you, Earl? he was splashed with blood all over. he was hallucinating.

"they said it was a car accident, only intentionally," one of the nurses said. as the nurse cut his clothes, they saw a note, "maybe this would explain his side."

april 14, 2003
this is all for love. please give my heart to ms. Liza de guzman of room 314. i hope i made it on time... i love her so much.
Earl perez

i heard the doctor weep silently. "this is the man my patient had been waiting for," he said. "astoundingly, he even protected his chest against the crash."

i love you Earl, i love you so much. you didn't have to do this, you shouldn't have... Earl you are too precious... i kissed him pouring out all the emotion this spirit could give.

"Liza, i love you..." Earl responded faintly.


i watched him lose consciousness, uttering my name up to his last breath. i stayed with him, as i promised.

everything became silent. i could not feel those people rushing to remove his heart. we were then left alone.

now here i am, with the man i loved all my life. there is a faint smile in his lips. i never thought everything will end up this way. Earl, i'm sorry i doubted you. please forgive me. i keep holding his chest, his opened chest. if only i can return your heart. i am more willing to die, than to see you this way.

take me God, take me now... i utter painfully. everything is useless now. please i want to be with him now! i want to see him! and there is a light, pulling me towards it. wait for me, Earl, wait for me.

"Liza, thank God you're awake!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home